Monster Poop has ALWAYS been a favorite of my boys. I started doing it about 2 years ago. Basically, it's just shaving cream and green food color. When Austin saw it he said "it looks like monster poop" so the name just stuck.
We have a book called Huggly Gets Dressed. It's about this cute little monster who's interested in how people wear their clothes. My boys thought this story was so cute....so {maybe} about a year ago, I decided to leave the boys a present in the bath tub and a note from Huggly taped to it. He had come to try on all their clothes and said thanks, but he needed them to clean up his poop he left behind. Gross...but my boys think poop is hilarious, so I won :)
Today I asked my boys {since it's M day}, "what do you think would happen if a monster ate too many magical marshmallows?" Lucas shouted "He would POOP out magic marshmallow poop!!!" ....and that's exactly what happened in our shower today...for Art.
MARVELOUS MAGIC MARSHMALLOW MONSTER POOP
You need:
Shaving cream
food color
Optional:
containers {if you want...I sometimes just give them a can of shaving cream in the shower and let them go crazy}
little spray bottles to clean the shower when they are done
rags
sponges
googly eyes
All you do is squirt shaving cream in a container and add drops of food coloring. That "magic" part is swirling it and seeing the color come out. if I would have thought about it, I should have put the some shaving cream down, put color down and then more shaving cream so they had to dig for it. I didn't do that.
I dropped some googly eyes on top.
They played in this "poop" for over an hour. I then had to turn the water on to rinse them off and they stayed in there playing for a while longer. This freed me up to get whatever I needed done.
This really is a fun activity. If you don't mind messy clean play {who would} give it a try :)
This ends our Letter M day for today!
Crystin






No comments:
Post a Comment