Whew....
Today my children had some definite ants in their pants all morning. After we did a few lessons, I decided it was time to get the wiggles (and giggles) out. What better way than a Physical Activity Cube!?
It was actually pretty simple. I used an old box I found in the garage from our yard sale a few weeks ago and covered it in construction paper. At first I thought it was too big, but when I told the boys what I wanted to use it for they thought it was awesome that it WAS so big.
I then sat in the living room and the boys and I thought of physical activities we could do and I wrote them on each side of the cube.
Austin must have been a torture expert in his past life....HE chose 10 squats. It's fine if you are doing a set of 10....but when you play with this cube for about 20 minutes, your glutes HATE you for real. I kept rolling it and the boys thought it was hilarious. I also may have exaggerated my voice a lot and may have been overly dramatic. Hey, it kept the laughter up and that was a lovely sound. (even if my glutes were screaming) They were giggling and so excited. They LOVED this activity.
Other activities we thought of were:
3 laps around (we have an open kitchen and living room and it makes one big circle)
15 sit ups
5 jumping jacks
10 squats (gah!)
4 push ups
2 minutes of getting the wiggles out
We played with it for about 20 minutes (just long enough for everyone to have fun but not long enough for everyone to start getting whiny). We just took turns rolling it around the living room and doing whatever it landed on. There are a lot of blurry pictures below. There was a ton of movement going on. Score.
Enjoy!









No comments:
Post a Comment